Friday 2 May 2008

Do rappers pollute teenage minds?



Although I haven’t been influenced and I enjoy listening to SOME hip hop (keep in mind not all rap has offensive lyrics),I still think they have potential to highly influence growing teenagers. Rappers like Snoop Dogg and 50 Cent, usually refer to women as “bitches” and talk about sex, drugs, violence and money and other illegal activities and the message they are sending is very indecent. Young teenagers look at rappers and sometimes without knowing can imitate their behaviour and start using the same language as these rappers do, I only have to walk down the road and I’ll see a group of young lads walking with a limp and listening to their I-pods (something to do with being shot in the leg, correct me if I’m wrong)


Those who don’t agree with me saying rappers influence young teenagers may simply blame it on the parents saying that it is the parents responsibility to teach their child to chose the correct role models. Let me know your views on this topic please because its my most interesting one.
Have a look at this site because if you think rap doesn’t put teenagers at risk think again,
http://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20030303/does-rap-put-teens-at-risk

No comments: