Thursday 8 May 2008

Summary of Being Bad Module

19
Female
Study: Criminal justice and Sociology
I think this module relates to my study of Criminal Justice and my “volunteering in the community” module as I am working with people on probation, this module debated on behaviour which is wrong and what has lead people to carryout bad behaviour therefore this has helped me understand the motives behind why the people on probation commit crimes such as theft, if it wasn’t for this module I wouldn’t be as open minded as I have grown over 12 weeks to be. I have found this module appropriate, I wouldn’t want to say too easy until I get my results but, I have been given the same amount of work as my other modules. I think the topics we studied should have been about bad behaviour on a bigger scale because it would have related more to subjects such as topics like terrorist, drug trafficking trade and online bed behaviour because it is a contemporary form of bad behaviour. The module that I think should be taken of the programme are: masturbation and infidelity because I think what I learnt from these modules would never help me in my life so is pointless, it just made many people feel uncomfortable.
I didn’t mind about the fact the lecture took place during the evening because its better for part time students and it was a laid back lesson so I am not complaining about any format because you didn’t stress me out with a lot of work. The module team was good and were available weren’t difficult to contact when I needed to contact. The debates were interesting and people made some great input on the lecture so without the discussions the potential I had to learn would have been limited. I am not planning to take ip the following module to being bad because is quiet irrelevant to my study, I would recommend this to a friend because for a first year module the work is not very demanding and is more of a fun lecture so they should take advantage. I liked the way the words were limited especially in the creative writing piece because it was a challenge to be creative for once as I haven’t use my imagination since year 9.
I have found issues relating to crime as bad behaviour useful because it related to my study however topics such as masturbation didn’t benefit me in the slightest so was a waste of time. Overall, I enjoyed the module and the blogs should be used in other modules ones they start to become reliable because it will reflect how people are devolving a sense of understanding overtime and will help people stay up to date all the time as they are posted regularly.

No comments: